Video Courtesy of KSL.com
Sorry for stealing the video off the news, I was having a very bad morning and forgot to bring batteries for my camera.
This weekend was really hard for me. I honestly didn't think it would be as hard as it was. Let me just start by saying that his viewing and the funeral was absolutely beautiful. He was definitely loved. And he accomplished a lot in his short life. Every time I looked at my friend Becky, I would bust up into tears. May she find peace. There is nothing I can do for her to take away the pain. It will always be there. I just wish I could do something.
After the funeral me and my friend walked back into the cathedral, I walked in and saw his fire gear, I completely lost it, even more than during the funeral.
I see my husbands fire gear every day and yell at him for leaving his gear in the living room. What if that was my husband and he wasn't there one day to fill out his gear, what if that was my husbands gear sitting next to the candles laying there so lifeless. Maybe I am being selfish thinking about my self when Becky and Patrck and his family are greiving. It just really hits home. I can not imagine what Becky is going through right now. My heart and prayers goes out to his family, As well as out to Brian Myer and Craig Weaver's family. I hope they make a full recovery soon.



3 comments:
How sad. It must be so difficult for everyone who knew and loved him. My thoughts are with you.
I can't even imagine the pain your endured this weekend, especially in imagining how much worse it was for your friend.
You made me lose it on the gear as well. They're so easy to be taken for granted. You're not selfish, your heart is in the right place.
My prayers are with you, Becky and his family.
How terrible. I can't even imagine the sorrow. Sounds like he was a great man.
Post a Comment