I may have mentioned before that this is the first year I will be able to put up a Christmas tree. I have been known to stress over things that don't need to be stressed about. I am sitting here worrying what colors are going to be on my tree and there are so many options out there. I didn't realize all the possibilities.
My color scheme I came up with= Black, White, and a light green.
I thought I had my choice narrowed down but when I told a few people I wanted black ornaments, "Morbid" was the first thing out of their mouths.
Are black ornaments really morbid? I was thinking it would give it a classic look, Black and white with a dash of green. Please tell me if I am wrong here cuz I don't want a morbid tree for Christmas.
Since I think pictures explain what is going on in my head better than my words, I put together some picures I stole off the internet, Probably wont buy those exact ornaments but I think it gives you the gyst.
Imagine on the tree with some black ribbon or should I go with white ribbon to down play the morbidness? I do like the ribbon on the ornament idea.
It would match very nicely, I think.
What do you think, Morbid or Classic? Do you have any better ideas for a first timer?
Oh and P.S. My tree has alot of empty space any ideas on filler? We went with a cheap tree for a 1st. I think it will make us remember it, or hate it. Either way we will appreciate it when we get a nice one. I'm not to worried about it until I know Bella will keep her hands off.




4 comments:
I LOVE b&w themed stuff. And the green adds a nice splash of color. And idea to fill up space that I learned from my mom is to wrap a big fat ribbon (2" is good) through the tree (if you look at mine you'll see a ribbon wrapped around it)... maybe a really sparkly black/white ribbon. It fills up a lot of empty space.
Way to go. VERY classy, imho.
I agree with Ashley Rae... It will look really nice :) the sparkly stuff looks so pretty w/ the lights from the tree - black and white damask ribbon would look pretty - Michael's has the big ribbon and it has sparkly edges! It would look really pretty :) Can't wait to see pictures!
I'm not sure I'd say it's "classic," BUT I really think you have the vision to pull it off!
I think it is a great! Not morbid at all. it is going to be beautiful. Go with your gut feeling. Just do it!
Post a Comment