Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Black Friday

Black Friday is my favorite day of the year! Seriously. I'm a professional shopper.
This day every year me and my sis would start planning out our attack. The ads didn't usually come out until Thursday, (this year is different for some reason) we would go to the stores and check out where they are putting things and get a mental visual of the floor plan.
My sister started calling me"ELBOWS"
My sister needed me to fight the crowd and make a path for her to get through so she could get her kids everything that was on Santa's list. Sometimes I would have to use my elbows on people. No big deal just learn to get out of our way!
I don't know what it is, when they open those doors after standing in line for hours, I go crazy! Maybe the cold gets to my head or to much hot chocolate trying to keep warm. Whatever the reason, My adrenaline starts pumping and I start shopping like it's going out of style.
I hate those that sit in their cars the whole time and then minutes before its time to open the doors they charge to the front of the line. I get a little bitter and have been known to pick fights with the little cheaters.
First we would hit Shopko then Target, Kohl's, Toys are Us, Mervyns then back to Kohl's (we would always forget something there) Never Walmart because that is just a zoo on normal days and that's where the REAL fights would always break out.
I have never missed a Black Friday mission since she started having kids.
But this year....I have $4 to my name.
No need to start sending checks in the mail or to feel bad for me. It's just been crazy with James new job and new pay schedule.
Even though I know there is no possible way I can go shopping this year I still have it in the back of my mind that somehow if I just get up at 3 am, I will magically have more money in my bank account. Who caused me to have such a huge shopping addiction? Can I blame genetics?
I guess I was just born with this horrible problem.
It's like crack to me, I HAVE TO SHOP!!!
Is a shopping addiction as real as a drug or a gambling addiction? I might really need help.
I wonder if they have help meetings for such a addiction.
But if I did go to S.A (Shopaholics Anonymous), I of course wouldn't have anything to wear and would have to go shopping to get a new outfit to out do the other shopaholics.
Maybe I could pick something up this Friday for my new S.A. meetings with my magically new found money!
"Hi, My name is Ashlee and I am a Shopaholic!"
If you are one of those that sit in your car till the last minute, Your off the hook this year but...We will have our "conversation" next year!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You are too cute! i love it. I too love to shop, but due to money issues, it has us on a super tight budget. Check out this lovely webstie...

www.blackfriday.info

all the ads and deals.

Happy shopping!

Ashley Rae said...

LOL that is hilarious. I went crazy on Black Friday last year, but this year I don't have that many things I want to buy... so I'm going to sleep in. I actually posted a big thing about it last year... it was a crazy year. Sorry you only have $4.00... I've been there. Many times. Happy Thanksgiving!

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

$4 - you can still shop girl! Four dollars means four things from Target's dollar spot. Now go . . . and have yourself some fun. Where there is a will . . . there is always a way. ha

Kate said...

I will join you at the meeting for SA. I am excited but dread the cold. You can sleep in now!

Happy Thanksgiving!!