I know this is a long story we just had alot going on the weekend of the 4th, and I wanted to share.
I was lucky enough to have the weekend off and I loved that I got to spend time with my little family. In the morning Bella and I went over to the Sandy Promenade to see James. He was working and picking up kid after kid and putting them into the fire truck and passing out stickers (HOW CUTE IS HER DADDY?) to all the future little firefighters.
Then we went over to Grandma Harvey's, she was out of town visiting Grandpa in Texas but we wanted to visit with the others. We were going to go swimming but I decided I didn't want to. I gave her a Popsicle for the first time in hopes to cool her down instead of swimming. I will have to post some pictures it was so cute. She had it all over her. We learned she really liked it! LOL.
So after grandmas we went home and waited for daddy to get off work. We all took a nap and the anticipation started. Now this might just be me being crazy and you might say to your self, "This is her first 4 th of July she couldn't possible be excited or know what was about to happen." Well my friends, you are wrong! She was bouncing all over the place! (Ok, Ok, Ya I blame that on the Popsicle too)
We watched a movie in the park and the fire works stared. I was kinda hoping that she would sleep during the movie but the crowd and the excitement of the fireworks was just getting to her. Then they started......... She actually liked them. I was a little afraid that she would be scared and I would traumatize my baby for life but she kept pointing at them and jumping up and down. She was excited to see something new.
By now I was sure that popsicle would have worn off but she stayed awake like a trooper through all of the fireworks. She did get a little bored of them because the show lasted so long and there were just so many other people to go see. But she did really well. She only adverted from our blanket a few times.
After the show we got her packed into the car as we were putting the stroller in the car, we noticed that she was already passed out before we could even get the car started. Finally!!!
It was well past midnight by the time it was all over. What a trooper!
(You can't have the 4th without a rodeo)The next day we went to "look" at a German Sheppard named, Lola.
(This picture looks just like her.)
We were at a fellow firefighter's house, And I think it's important at this time to point out how very nice and very clean this house was. So we go outside and take a gander at Lola.She's beautiful for sure.
A little obedience training she needs but some how James has found a new love in 2.4 seconds of meeting her.
She was very good with Bella.
Bella even stole her food while Lola was eating and Lola did not bite or snip at her. Which was a really good sign that she will tolerate Bella teasing her all the time.
So we go inside to have a nice steak dinner after watching the neighbors do some fireworks. (She wasn't very interested in those.) While we were eating Bella decided to play with soda cans. Bella was taking all the soda cans out of the box and shaking them fearlessly. She would drop them and then stack them and then push the stack over. Me being the paranoid mother that I am told Bella not to play with the soda but our host insisted that she was ok. After all what harm could she do? I jokingly suggested that it would be funny if one of the cans exploded.
All of a sudden..... BAM!!! PSSHHHHHH.....
We all know that sound when the soda can opens when it has been shaken then opened....The soda was all over the cupboards, window blinds, floor ceiling and it even was able to find its way over to the table and get some on our host's steak.
I of course being the super person that I am..... told James to run and get the car, I would grab bella and let's get out of there!
Just kidding we would not do that but it did take some MaJoR cleaning up.
They had this amazing cleaning machine that after this little incident, I vow I will get one day soon.
So what did we learn from this story?
3 things....
1. Never take your eyes off Bella, not even for one minute.
2. Never let Bella play with full soda cans.
3. If you let a 1 year old drop a can of soda on the floor several times...... It will indeed explode!
I didnt exactly keep count but I would guess it exploded after about the 27th time she droped it. Which in my opinion lasted longer than expected.
Somehow, just "looking" at the dog ended up, "taking" the dog. She is a good dog so far.... she will be better once we get her some training. And a bonus for James, She mimic's a fire truck every time it goes by. She even distingueshes the sounds between a Fire truck, Cop car, and Ambulance. (I am sure our neighbors don't think it's as cool as James does)
So now we have LoLa and BeLLa and somehow their names get mixed and matched by everyone. ( and when I say everyone I mostly mean James.)
I dont know if either one of them know their correct name now. They are both confused.
Hope All of you had a great 4 th! We did!!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment