Monday, January 7, 2013

Elf on the Shelf 2012

We started the tradition of the elf on the shelf. Don't know what that is, Google it! You will find millions of crazy moms out there telling their children that an Elf has come to visit their house. It actually is quite nice to have around. Who would have thought a little elf that moves while you are sleeping wouldn't be creepy and give your children nightmares? But the kids do behave very well and if they are not behaving, all you have to do is say, "ELF!" and they straighten up in 1.3 seconds. Works like magic! I didn't have to drag my 5 year old out of bed for school! She was just so excited to see him every morning. A bonus I wasn't expecting.
Problem is I would forget to move him before I went to bed and wake up at 2 AM in a sweat trying to figure out where he is going to hang out for that day.


Here is what our elf "Skylar" was up to.
This is the first night he came to our house and Bella sat by the tree for about 20 minutes trying to figure out where he came from.
The picture where he is in the wreath is where Emma touched him and he was sad. He had a splint on his arm and they never touched him again.

 I think these 4 were the girls favorite.

Oops double picture.... Deal! 
 zip lining
 He drew Rudolph noses on our pictures, Snow globe and playing on the computer.
 Skylar got tangled up into trying to hang lights in the girls bed. Don't try if your kids are light sleepers. This one by far took the most time and I was almost caught several times.

I dragged my feet getting the Elf because it is pretty expensive for a little creepy doll. But now that I have seen how excited my kids get, I am sooo glad we started this tradition. 

0 comments: