Monday, January 2, 2012

End of year

Christmas this year was great.... But also different. Something our family will just have to get used to.
James worked his little butt off. He worked, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, The day after Christmas and also New Years Eve.
My family was kind enough to change our Christmas party from the 24Th to the 23rd to accommodate James.
We were lucky enough to have him in the morning on Christmas. Santa made it too! Bella put out food for the Reindeer and they ate most of it and left a little glitter behind. We left cake balls for Santa and he left Bella a note telling her thank you for thinking of his reindeer and for being a good girl this year.

This is a picture of the girls on Christmas Eve in their new jammies.
NYE
My Grandpa started this tradition. He picked it up in Germany and passed it down to us. We put our shoes under the tree on New Years Eve. Magically in the morning it's filled with goodies! I actually don't know much about it and I wish I could talk to my Grandpa more about it. I tried using the internet but I got mixed info so I will ask my mom but right now it's to late. All I know is that I got stuff in my shoes, and so will my kids!
My favorite part as a kid was I got my very own 2 liter of soda.
It was MINE!
I didn't have to share with my brothers and sisters, it was just mine!

James was working on NYE so his shoe magically appeared in his truck.
And does not appear in this picture.
2011 was rocky. I'm glad it's over.
We had to get used to James' new schedule.
Me not working and just being home, has been harder than I expected at times.
James' mom passing away in June was the hardest part. I'm glad my kids got to meet her.
She is a wonderful person.
I'm getting closer to my weight goal but still not there.

So here we go 2012!

My favorite picture of 2011
My wishes for 2012
  1. Get Emma to sleep through the night. (Very first thing that needs to change)
  2. Get more organized
  3. Loose more LBS
  4. Run a race (maybe start with a 5k)
  5. Decorate our bedroom
  6. Eat healthier
  7. Go on a vacation with just the hubby
  8. Go on a family vacation
  9. Have fun

1 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

Holy crap- you are the ONLY person I've ever heard of that did that New Year's Eve shoe tradition, too! We did it all growing up. My mom has no idea how it started, either, or what it's called. But yes- we did the same thing :)

Sorry James has had to work so much
:( Let's get together soon!