Friday, February 26, 2010

Trial and Error

For my husband's birthday, I decided to throw him a surprise party.
Me and Ashlee #2 made him a Fireman cake.
Everything that could go wrong with this cake did. But even though we had a million things go wrong, and 5 hours of work, it still looked presentable. (either way it would just have to do)
The first two pictures the cake is not done. But for some stupid reason I only took one (bad) picture of it when it was finished.




Oh and thanks for asking, The party was awesome! James was completely surprised. I have never surprised him so this was a accomplishment!

Oh and who knew dry ice would just melt in your freezer after one day?!? Apparently it's a different freezing temp....Now I know to buy the ice the day of the party!

3 comments:

Larsen Family said...

That cake is very impressive.. Good Job!

Ashley Rae said...

I think it looks awesome!! It does suck when things keep going wrong. But I think it looks great :) good job!

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's my purse there in the background! The cake looked AMAZING! Nice job :)