Last night was April fools day. I don't usually play any jokes on James but last night I decided I would have a little fun with his food. I made Dinner for desert and desert for dinner. I forgot to take a picture of the meatloaf so you will just have to take my word for it that it looked like a strawberry pie.
It was the last time I am going to make cupcakes because not only do I want to be skinny again but now money is involved. We are doing a biggest looser with my friends and the stakes are higher. Wish me luck! I think I am going to be the big looser!
It was the last time I am going to make cupcakes because not only do I want to be skinny again but now money is involved. We are doing a biggest looser with my friends and the stakes are higher. Wish me luck! I think I am going to be the big looser!
Ingredients:
1 Yellow or White Cake Mix (**sale** Pillsbury $1.25)
4 Large eggs (**sale** Large AA 18 ct. $1.89)
Oil called for on cake mix box
1 cup buttermilk
1-2 Tubs White frosting (**sale** Pillsbury $1.39)
Yellow Food Coloring
15 oz. jar low-sugar strawberry jam (better color in low-sugar jam)
1 bar white chocolate (3 oz. or so)
12 - 24 pieces Ferrero Rocher candy
2 zip-lock bags (large, freezer-quality)
Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water and buttermilk. Beat with a hand mixer 2 minutes. Prepare cupcake pan by lining with yellow or white cupcake paper liners. Pour batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 way full. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and completely cool. Tint white frosting a "pasta" color by adding 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring. Spoon frosting into freezer bags, seal and snip a VERY small corner off and push frosting through snipped hole. When cupcakes are cool, drizzle frosting in a random pattern to resemble pasta. Place 1 chocolate candy on each cupcake to look like a meat ball and spoon a little strawberry jam over the meatball to mimic spaghetti sauce. Keep cool until ready
1 Yellow or White Cake Mix (**sale** Pillsbury $1.25)
4 Large eggs (**sale** Large AA 18 ct. $1.89)
Oil called for on cake mix box
1 cup buttermilk
1-2 Tubs White frosting (**sale** Pillsbury $1.39)
Yellow Food Coloring
15 oz. jar low-sugar strawberry jam (better color in low-sugar jam)
1 bar white chocolate (3 oz. or so)
12 - 24 pieces Ferrero Rocher candy
2 zip-lock bags (large, freezer-quality)
Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water and buttermilk. Beat with a hand mixer 2 minutes. Prepare cupcake pan by lining with yellow or white cupcake paper liners. Pour batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 way full. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and completely cool. Tint white frosting a "pasta" color by adding 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring. Spoon frosting into freezer bags, seal and snip a VERY small corner off and push frosting through snipped hole. When cupcakes are cool, drizzle frosting in a random pattern to resemble pasta. Place 1 chocolate candy on each cupcake to look like a meat ball and spoon a little strawberry jam over the meatball to mimic spaghetti sauce. Keep cool until ready
to serve.
For the fauxberry pie, I just made meat loaf in a pie pan. Mixed mashed potatoes and beets together to make the color. then added the potatoes to the top of the meat loaf. It looked like a whipped strawberry pie.



2 comments:
Oh my gosh what a cute idea! You are so creative. I did absolutely nothing for April Fools. Oh wait- yes I did. I unpacked. A little.
OMG This is so awesome! I think I will have to try that some time :) You are so inventive!
Post a Comment